Friday, June 20, 2008

Some Highlights...

Well the week has ended and it is interesting how I don't even really recognize that it's friday anymore. Every day seems to run into the next when you aren't working. Here are a few highlights from our very uneventful week:

1. I'm going to dip into last week a little. Last Friday Joey and I got to celebrate 4 years of marriage! In some ways 4 years seems like such a small amount of time, but in other ways it feels like it has been forever. We went out to Flemings downtown and had an amazing time. I think I gained about 10 lbs after the enormous amount of food we ate! The molten chocolate cake is a MUST if you ever go there. We had a great time though...just getting to talk and reminisce. Interesting side note: The Heart of Texas biker rally and the Gay Pride parade were being held in Austin that same night which made it quite eventful :)

2. On Sunday, Joey celebrated his first father's day and it was very special. Honestly, we didn't do that much but Joey got some fun presents. I made him a scrapbook of pictures (of him and Addison) and added some other fun things.  He got to play video games all afternoon which was what he requested! 
 
3. Addison and I met Joey for lunch down at the Counter Cafe (off 6th and Lamar). Their blueberry pancakes are TO DIE FOR!! and BONUS they have mexican coke with real sugar! My favorite meal of the day is breakfast and this restaurant serves it all day, so it's a hit for me. After lunch Addison and I walked around a downtown bookstore...this was quite possibly my favorite event of the week. I am such a nerd...I LOVE books!

4. My mom came into town on Thursday and we got to go shop and hang out. I love just chilling with my mom. We didn't really do anything that exciting but it's good to just sit and talk.

5. I got to hang out with my sister in law and niece and nephew on Tuesday. We went to Chick-Fil-A and watched the kids play. Well, Addison and Brynn didn't really play but they both smiled alot and tried to shove things in their mouths.

6. I finished the last book of the Harry Potter series this week. I know, I am WAY behind everyone else, but I have had alot going on. Anyway, I think it was quite possibly the best book I have ever read and I honestly cried at some parts of the story. I kind of feel lost now that the series is over...I am having withdrawls :) If you have any good book suggestions let me know!

2 comments:

Amber said...

no worries about crying during HP - I balled at several different points. Sounds like a fuuuuun summer week!

Katrina said...

Beth, I have been dying to chek out the book "Same Kind of Different as Me." I hear it is SO good...it is an autobiography written by a man that used to live in Highland Park. It is never in our library because it is so popular.