Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Discovery

Summer has commenced and for me that means one thing: cleaning. During the school year I rarely have a chance to do a deep cleaning at home. At least that's what I tell myself. It's probably more like laziness. Anyway, I decided to tackle my closet this morning (Actually it's Joey's closet as well...he says we share it, but about 90% of it is my junk) Anyway, as I was cleaning out and decluttering I found a HUGE stash of all my old purses and this got me to thinking. You see me and my purses have a history. In high school I couldn't keep track of them and left them EVERYWHERE...classes, restaurants you name it. Some would say I still have this bad habit, but I promise I am getting better. Another thing about me and purses is that I try to store every possible belonging I can fit in there. Sometimes I buy small ones so they won't get so stuffed to the brim with junk, but that always backfires and I fill it with reciepts, food, make-up etc etc. until I can't possibly zip it. A purse for me is just another catch all for random things I collect during the day...you name, I probably have it. The other day someone asked if I had a pen they could borrow. I said..."Let me see...pens no, maple syrup yes!" true story...you never know when that will come in handy. The other quirky/ ridiculous thing I do with purses is NEVER EMPTY them. Finding one of my purses is like uncovering an era of my life. When I get a new one I leave the old one completely in tact (junk and everything) and merely stash it in the closet. You just never know when you might need one of those old reciepts! So you can see that as I pulled out purse after purse I had some fun looking through them. Here are some of my more interesting findings:

Purse#1 This purse I just had to have for our trip to New York last Christmas...inside: granola bar (still in the wrapper), Aggie football ticket, pearls, small picture frame, and way down at the bottom: dog food (its a long story)

Purse #2 A Chris Rice CD, a sonicare toothbrush head, mini bean bag football, mini sewing kit, Christmas cards, one sunglass lens-no frames, and crazy glue.

One theme...almost all of them have some form of cold and sinus medication, and almost all of them contain some kind of snack and of course tons of reciepts. What does this say about me?I'm not sure.

I could go on...but I won't futher embarrass myself. For those of you who know my purse flaws and still love me. Thanks.


2 comments:

Liz said...

LOL! This is so awesome and we are exactly like in this. The things I find in every single purse... ticket stubs, make up, matchboxes and pennies. Millions and millions of pennies.

I even dug through all my purses when planning a Christmas present for my parents... I'm putting together a big collage/picture thing of tons of places we've gone (restaurants, plays, cities, hotels, etc). I found like 10 things!! It was awesome. :)

sarah said...

Any spoons uncovered in there?? :)
You make me laugh!