Saturday, November 28, 2009
Even at an early age, I am starting to notice some differences between my two cuties. Addison has always been very independent and has never been super affectionate. She gives kisses and hugs, but she won't just sit down and cuddle with you...she is always on the go! However, I am noticing that my little boy is going to be just the opposite. I love the fact that he loves to cuddle up with Joey and I!
A few weeks ago I got together with a few of my friends and their sweet kiddos. It is so much fun knowing that our kids are so close in age and will grow up together. The only sad thing is that Addison is seriously outnumbered. She is the only girl!! We recently got all the babies together for a "playdate". The kids are all so young that they didn't really play all that much (in fact Joey and Gunnar slept the whole time!), so the "playdate" was really more for us moms! :)
Here are all the cuties...
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I cannot believe it, but little Joey rolled over a few days ago for the first time! He's not even two months old yet! I had him on his tummy one morning and we were talking and playing and he just sort of kicked his leg and rolled over onto his back. I was so excited, and I was the only one there!...Daddy was still sleeping :) I made him do it several more times just to see if maybe it was a random fluke, but he was able to do it every time. I am so proud of my little boy! He is getting so big and strong!
This is just a typical picture of my little J. He spits up ALL THE TIME and it goes EVERYWHERE. Both of us end up changing outfits multiple times a day and laundry has definitely increased. I tried using bibs but his spit up is so explosive it usually bypasses the bib and ends up on me, the couch, the floor, his pants or whatever happens to be nearby. Addison never spit up...I literally never had to use a burp cloth. However, we don't seem to have enough with Joey. I am just reminded of how different siblings can be, and I'm also getting a little tired of smelling like spit up :) Oh the joys of being a mommy!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I was a very bad blogger this summer! Part of that was due to my computer (which was broken) and my camera cord that went missing. However, I will admit that part of it was just laziness! I finally got some pictures from my camera uploaded so I thought I would share of few photos of from my brother's graduation and Addison playing in the waterscape at our park. I know this is totally RANDOM...but I am trying to be better about posting on my blog..and I ran out of material! :)
Here's someone who doesn't get alot of face time on my blog...My "little" brother graduated from Texas A&M in May of this past year. We were SO proud!! I was pregnant at the time and he was literally almost one of the very LAST people to walk the stage. Graduation seemed to last forever! However, we all yelled and screamed when they called his name. He now lives in San Antonio and works for a construction firm. Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were being silly and playing in the backyard. I can't believe my brother is all grown up!
Addison and I spent ALOT of time in the water this summer :) We have a fun waterscape in a park near our house and we went there quite a bit. She LOVED it and it was a great way to beat the heat!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
My good friend Jill is really talented and takes wonderful pictures. She is so sweet to volunteer to photograph my kids, but for some reason the minute she steps into my house...my kids decide to be extremely uncooperative! Addison becomes a wild woman and will not sit still or follow directions and Joey has tummy issues, spits up everywhere, and cries the whole time...not a pleasant experience for either me or Jill (*sigh*). I have a new found respect for people who photograph kids! It's not easy! Anyway, these were a few cute shots she got of my kids. Thanks Jill for being so patient...maybe some day we will be able to take a decent photo!
Addison hamming it up for the camera
My sweet baby boy...what a silly face!
Addie and Joey...he looks pretty miserable!
Life has been crazy being a mom of two. In some ways it has been a very easy transition, but at times when both of them are crying or needing me in some way it can seem very stressful! However, every week gets easier as we get into a routine! Addison is a GREAT big sister. Joey and I are amazed at how much she adores and loves her little brother. She hasn't shown any jealousy at all so far. She loves giving him kisses and talking to him and patting his head. She will bring him his "paci" and she even tries to pat his back and burp him at times (this is not always helpful!) Here are some things I have noticed about my two cuties...
1. LOVES music. She loves listening to CDs in our playroom and tries to dance when songs come on. Anything musical will entertain her.
2. Sesame Street...she can spot Elmo a mile away in a store...but her favorite is cookie monster. She is obsessed with anything that has sesame street on it, and therefore...they are making alot of money off of us :)
3. Stickers-she loves drawing and coloring, but she also really likes stickers. She can sit there forever decorating her paper (or other inanimate objects such as the coffee table, the chair or even her brother) with stickers.
4. Apples and Juice. Addison asks for juice constantly...we don't give her much juice but when we do she downs the whole cup or juice box in minutes. She also asks for apples all the time...breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Other than french fries and fruit snacks...apples are her favorite food :)
5. Being Outdoors...Addison loves to slide and swing...therefore, we try to go to the park alot and fortunately she has a small slide and swing in the backyard. It has been so nice outside that we have spent lots of afternoons out there.
1. LOVES eating...ALL.THE. TIME. He is a growing boy!
2. Smiling...Joey has the cutest smiles!! They just melt me :)
3. Talking...He has also started to "coo" and chat with us a little...we love listening to him make sounds.
4. His sister...Joey loves Addison and often gives her the biggest smiles...She loves him equally as much... She will not leave his side (which is sometimes a problem!) She always wants to know where he is and what he is doing. She reads books to him, and kisses and hugs him. She is the BEST big sister :)
The cutest little firewoman!
This is what Joey does most of the day...