Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Addison is 1




Addison officially turned 1 on Monday, I can't believe it. She is such a big girl! We had a party for her this past Sunday. We just invited family and a few close friends. We had a cupcake theme and made everything pink and girly...needless to say I had fun planning the party! :) However, I NEVER want to see another cupcake again!! I literally baked in the kitchen from 11am-5pm on Saturday, and lots of thanks goes to my sweet sister in law for helping! I made two different kinds of cucpcakes, a giant cupcake cake, and cupcake pops...crazy! 

Addison had a blast at the party. She was running around with her cousins the whole time! Everything was pretty laid back and I think my favorite part of the whole afternoon was just sitting out in the backyard watching her play, and getting to chat with friends. Addison got quite a few gifts, but her attention span ran out after opening about two of them!...So I ended up doing most of the unwrapping. Also, I wasn't really sure if she would like the cupcakes...she hadn't seemed to be very excited about sweets, but she really got into it and was smashing them in her face and hamming it up for the camera big time! Joey and I feel so blessed to have such a precious sweet girl and wonderful friends to help us celebrate. Here are some pictures from that afternoon...

I made her Birthday banner...It's amazing what a little scissors, glue, and ribbon can do!
Thanks Katie for the inspiration!
The cupcakes!

Addison stuffing her face!

MESSY!


Addison enjoyed opening presents...for about 2 seconds :)

Addison and her cousin Brynn tearing into the gifts!

The loot...She is one spoiled girl!

Addison's big surprise present...A playhouse and slide!

Playing outside

Enjoying the playhouse with grandpa!

7 comments:

Cassie said...

happy birthday Addison! precious party Beth!! :)

the Hunts said...

Addison is so cute....I can't wait until her and Noah are about 25 and they get to go on a date....Andrew has been raving about your cupcakes....they were awesome!!!

katie newton said...

Stop the cuteness!!!! Oh my gosh!!! Great job momma!! :):) Is that a cupcake pan? And how did you make the cupcake lollipops? Are they marshmallows? Looks like she had plenty of fun surrounded by all her loved ones. Great party!! :):)

The Dragon Lady

katie newton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janelle said...

Such cute pics!! How did you make the cupcake cake--LOVE IT!!

Katrina said...

That is a precious cake! I love it.

jillian said...

how cute! i love the cake. umm... so what are you having?? do you know yet??