Saturday, May 2, 2009

We're having a BOY!


We had a sonogram Friday at our 18 week appointment and the sonographer poked and prodded and sure enough...pretty quickly she was able to determine that we are having a boy! Joey and I are thrilled and actually pretty astonished because we both really thought it would be another girl! I am so excited to be able to blessed with both a boy and a girl, and it is fun to be able to call him by name...instead of just praying at night for "it". I know it is going to be so different, but I am really looking forward to it :) Many people have already asked if we have a name and that was actually the easy part. Joey's name is a family name (He is Joseph Philip LoSurdo IV) so it was really important to him to continue that tradition. So we will have a little Joseph Philip LoSurdo V in a few months. The only thing that will be hard is knowing how to differentiate between husband and son. We need to come up with a good nickname for little Joey, let me know if you come up with anything! 

The outfit above is the first little boy outift I have gotten. My sweet friend Michelle bought it for me as soon as she found out what we were having and it is so strange to see it hanging in the closet...I am so used to being in an all pink "girl world". It's going to be hard to transition!



One of the cute things that we saw during the sonogram was our little boy had his hand in the perfect "gig 'em" sign.  The sonographer caught it and printed the picture for us. Joey was definitely proud! :) Looks like we have another little Aggie!

8 comments:

Liz said...

I'm pretty sure we just need to call him Cinco! :)

YAY for your family.

Mageetribe said...

Precious!!! I am SO excited for you guys. Ya'll are gonna have one handsome little guy. Congratulations. So I've heard Quentin, or Quent before for the
5th...just a thought...I really liked it when I heard it.

Sara said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! Since it's Joseph Philip, you could call him J.P. I have a friend named JP:) So cute! Congrats again!

the Hunts said...

We are so excited for you guys. Noah is going to have a fellow Aggie friend!

katie newton said...

THAT IS SO GREAT!!!! :):) I'm with Liz, I like Cinco! :) JP is really cute too. The aggie thumbs up is priceless! I know that made Joey's day!!

Janelle said...

YAY--I am so happy for you Beth! :) Congratulations, and welcome to the world of BLUE! :)

Katrina said...

I love JP! Yea Yea. I think having a big sis to help you take care of little Jo Jo will be great.

jillian said...

i dont know if you saw my comment on your facebook, but my pick is def JP!