Thursday, April 30, 2009

My (small) garden...


One thing that I love is being outside and working in the yard. I enjoy planting and taking care of flowers and plants. However, most of the time flowers and plants don't like ME! I typically kill everything in my yard! In fact someone once got me a potted fern that they said was nearly impossible to kill. You guessed it...somehow the fern died. Well, this spring we have a flower bed in our backyard and I decided I would try to grow a few vegetables and herbs. I'm no Martha Stewart, but so far the plants are looking good (nothing has died...yet!) I am such a nerd...I go and check on them almost every day to see if anything has sprouted. I started really small, I planted squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, mint, rosemary, and basil. I also bought a small orange tree that I have in a huge pot on the porch. I'll keep you posted if we get any actual vegetables! If  you have any "gardening tips" let me know :)

1 comment:

the Hunts said...

I am so proud of you...I have killed all of my plants...Andrew won't let me buy anymore.