Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trip to Kansas


On November 19th my sweet grandmother passed away to be with the Lord. She went very peacefully and though we miss her and are sad she is no longer with us, we are very glad that she is in a better place now with no more suffering. My family decided to postpone the memorial service until all the extended family could attend so we celebrated her life on December 28th in Kansas City. My dad delivered the eulogy and he did a wonderful job of honoring her life. It was bittersweet as we remembered what an amazing lady she was and what an incredible legacy she left for us, but missed her all the same. I hope many of the same things can be said of me as were said of her that day. Even though it was a sad time, it was also good to see relatives and family that I hadn't seen in quite a long time. Our last night there we ate at a fun restaurant downtown called the Peachtree and had a great time! 

Part of the fun of the trip was the car ride. We spent 20 out of the total 60 hour trip driving. When I say "we"...I really mean Joey. He refused to let me take a turn! So needless to say, I did alot of reading and we had a good time talking together. My brother rode with us part of the way (which was an experience in and of itself) 10 hours in a car with a person who is ADD is interesting! However, we survived :)


Too much time in the car...

Hanging with my brother


Dinner at the Peachtree with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin

No comments: