Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Great Day

As school is getting ready to start I am constantly reminded that I am not there. I think about the hustle and bustle of setting up the classroom, new bulletin boards, the anticipation of class lists, and the first day. Then, I glance back in the car and realize that I don't actually miss it that much. Life moves at a much slower pace and I have learned to appreciate new things and experiences and I have a beautiful daughter to share it all with. Yesterday as I was getting ready for bed I realized just how blessed I am to be able to stay at home with my baby. There are good days and bad days, but yesterday we had a pretty near perfect day!

Many people ask what I do now that I stay at home. Here is a little peak inside what our day looked like. I got up around 7:30 fed Addison and played with her then she took a nice long 2 hour nap!! yay! Good naps = a very happy mommy! I got to spend time with the Lord, and clean my house. I was feeling pretty productive! After lunch we ran a few errands and shopped. I love being out and about, and so does Addison. On our way home I got sweet tea from Sonic which I am ridiculously addicted to, then we came home and Addison took another nap. While she slept, I got to bake! I love baking and trying new recipes (but it's not good for the post pregnancy weight loss)! :) When Addison got up we played some more. We listened to the rain outside, and she cuddled up with me on the bed and we read books. Then, Joey came home early and we had dinner. Addison went to bed at 7 and we watched the olympics on TV, read (yes, we are very nerdy and like to read!), and talked. All in all a pretty near perfect day! I love my family!!

2 comments:

the Hunts said...

That was a great day...I am addicted to the tea from sonic too but I get peach tea....

Amber said...

i would have to second. that day sounds pretty perfect to me too! i hope that part-time work will permit days like that as well.