Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Visit to see Great Grandma Makalous


Well, we took our first out of state trip with Addison this weekend. We flew up to Kansas City to visit my grandmother. It was very special because it was the first time Addison had met her great grandmother and we all got to help her celebrate her 88th birthday which just happened to fall on 8-8-08! It was Addison's first plane trip and she was really a champ during the whole trip, despite delayed planes and missed naps! I was a little nervous being on a cramped plane. I wasn't sure how she would handle it, but we kept her entertained with plenty of toys and a sippy cup (which she loves). My aunt and uncle were gracious hosts and we enjoyed hanging out with them and watching lots of olympics! It was also wonderful spending time with my sweet grandma. She just adored Addison and wanted to hold her the whole time. We are so blessed to have such a great family, and I am so thankful that my daughter got to meet my grandmother who is one of the most caring, generous, and selfless people I know! We had a great visit, but I think everyone is really happy to be back in their own bed tonight :)

Addison and I at the airport

Joey entertaining Addison on the plane

Addison saying "hi"

Me and My grandma with the birthday cake!


Addison and her Great Grandma


No comments: