Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things


I haven't posted in a while and that is partly because I have been busy and partly because I didn't want to bore any of my readers with the absolutely mundane details of my life.  I didn't feel like stooping so low as to write about the blow-out diapers I have changed, the twenty five times I have read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" this week or the many places I have run errands. I know blogs are supposed to be a way to document the things you do...but I didn't want to overshare!

Anyway, as I was playing with Addison this morning I just started to think about all the things she does that make me smile...the little things that I love about her and that just led to a conversation in my head about all my favorite things so I thought I would list some of the most current ones for you. Some are related to Addison and some are just plain silly.

1. Addison recently has started to discover her hands. This is both good and bad. It is cute because she will just stare at them for long periods of time, but also not good because she has realized that they sort of taste good and I think I am going to have a thumb sucker (this is payback...because I sucked my thumb until way past it was appropriate!)

2. I also love it when Addison experiences something new (when she hears a new sound, sees a new face etc)...She gets what we call her "big eyes". She opens her eyes wide and acts like she is completely "shocked" by what you just did. You have to see it it's hilarious.

3. I love the way she is making noises and trying to "talk" to us more. Joey and I have whole conversations with her in the car sometimes. We have no idea what she is saying and I'm sure the same goes for her, but we love to pretend and make up stuff!

4. We are also experiencing more of Addison's personality. For example in the morning it takes her a little while to "wake up" before she will truly open her eyes and look around. She is stubborn about her sleep! Also, when we were at the mall the other day I tried some little shoes on her (she loved it!) and kept smiling as I put each one on. I think I have given her some bad habits :) Also...She is constantly moving. When she gets excited...she kicks her legs and waves her arms.

5. A new thing...Almost every morning we send an email to Joey. I will make a sign and take a picture of Addison holding it and then send a message (from Addison) detailing what we have done that day and making sure dad knows how much we miss him at home. It is fun and cute and Joey loves it! Most of the time he will write an email back to Addison and I read it to her.

6. Last but not least...the other evening I was telling Joey I loved it when she curled into a ball as you pick her up. He commented..."you say that about everything she does!" and perhaps it's true. I love everything about Addison! It's all my favorite.

thumb sucker!!
one of Addison's messages for her daddy

All dressed up for church!

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh, beth, i could just cry. that is the sweetest post! i love reading about how much you and joey love addison - and about what awesome parents you are. you three have quickly bonded as a family and it encourages me to pray for the same thing!
loving the losurdos,
amber

Liz said...

What a great post! She is just precious and I love hearing all the things you love about Addison. And I just might steal your idea about sending a message to daddy every morning when I have one of my own! :)