Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garden update!


Joey looks thrilled doesn't he?? :)

So...the garden is growing well. Or perhaps I should say my zucchini squash is doing well. This plant has literally overtaken everything else in my garden. What started off as a small plant only a couple of inches tall has now grown HUGE! Joey says the plant is on crack...I might agree...I pulled this zucchini squash off tonight and it was at least a foot long and 10 inches in diameter. We don't normally measure our vegetables, but Joey thought maybe we had set a record (we were clearly impressed with our gardening skills) Alas, the record is a 65 lb zucchini squash so we have a long way to go! :) ha!

Anyway, everything else is growing well: basil, cilantro, and mint are all doing great and we have also picked off some good looking cucumbers! However, the zucchini plant has kind of overtaken everything else and is threatening to choke out my other plants!

Tonight I cooked the squash. I found a yummy recipe that was simple and quick using ingredients I already had in my refrigerator! I used some of my fresh basil in the recipe as well! I posted a link to the recipe just in case anyone out there wants to try it: 

No comments: