Tuesday, October 28, 2008

7 Months!




Ok...so I know I haven't posted in a while! Sorry! I got into this state of mind where I felt like I had so much to write about that I just didn't have enough time to get it all down, and now I am at a point where I can't even remember what it was I wanted to write. Great! :)

Anyway, I felt like I needed some updates before Addison reaches 8 months so here goes...
-Addison has recently become a pretty picky eater. She did great when I started her on cereal but when we started on fruits and vegetables she suddenly decided to get finicky! I can only get her to eat vegetables!! (specifically green ones) She usually starts out with some cereal and peas for breakfast and then moves to green beans for lunch. Meanwhile I am gagging because it smells (and looks) disgusting. However, I might be to blame because it could all be tied to the large quantities of celery I ate when I was pregnant :)-such a random craving!

-Addison's new favorite toy is a balloon. She is mesmerized by them. We typically get one every week at the grocery store from the check out clerk and it will entertain her for hours. The only problem is that there is usually a sucker attached at one end. Last week she discovered it and somehow peeled back the plastic. I found her sucking on it a few minutes later! Needless to say we now detach the sucker.

-Addison can now sit up really well, but she is still not too interested in trying to crawl. She can get almost anywhere by rolling around so she isn't motivated to try something new. She is so lazy!! She does LOVE standing though and several times has tried to pull herself up. Sometimes I wonder if she will just skip the crawl stage.

-Addison has TWO bottom teeth and I think she may be cutting two more on the bottom. She is going to have a funny smile with a full set of teeth on the bottom and none on the top!

- Addison is a bundle of energy and can be very vocal at times. She was such a quiet baby that at times we wondered if she would ever make noise. Now she has no problems shouting out. One of our friends has affectionately termed it her "falcon call" because it sounds kind of like a bird squawking. We loved it and the name stuck :)


2 comments:

Sara said...

It's good to hear about another finicky eater. Reid for the longest time would only eat squash. Now he exlporing more options, but is still very picky. Hopefully he will grow out of it! I do notice however that when he is teething he only likes certain foods and won't eat that much. Sometimes he has no appetite at all and other times he will eat like a pig!
Addison is so cute!

Tyne said...

Beth, she is such a doll!